Day 10


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
October 2nd 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a night on the town in which we succumed to the charms of little flower boy Daniel, Becky had a delightful 7am start for a day trip to Chiang Rai. Unfortunately, Elin and Camilla were unable to join her having slightly missed judged timings for purchasing anti-malarials so sadly, Becky had to go it alone! The trip to Chiang Rai was eventful to say the least but throughout the 500km round bus tour Becky was lucklily kept entertained by two recently married spaniards, Pedro and Juanber! The first stop was at a hot spring followed much to Becky's dismay by a visit to yet another temple! After this we headed to the Golden Triangle that marks the point where the borders of the three countries Thailand, Burma and Laos meet. After a lovely boat ride along the river and walk through the markets in Laos, which involved Becky being cajoled into drinking yet another cup of rice whisky this time with a fermenting snake in it, the group headed back to Thailand for a delicious riverside lunch. After lunch it was then onto Thailand's nothern-most point and the border crossing before reaching our final destination for the day, a tribal village home to the famous long necked ladies!

Meanwhile, Elin and Camilla spent an enthralling day walking the streets of Chaing Mai before returning to the hotel lobby where they met Becky upon her return. Although weary we decided it was time to sample some more of Chiang Mai's nightlife! But first...street food! Little did we know but this was to become a bit of a fundamental error in our travelling adventures! Unaware of the potential hazards of such an activity, Camilla, Becky and an already somewhat delicate Elin munched away! Afterwards we returned to the reggae bar that we had already frequented the night before where we met some of our fellow travellers from the trek. This was yet another eventful evening, highlights included the romatic aspirations of our thai trekking guide Nai towards poor Elin, Camilla and the stareing nodding woman, Elins traumas over a rather overly enthusiastic ladyboy and last but not least, Becky's struggles with a married - yet not married German!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb