Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 6th 2013
Published: July 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Getting up early for our flight at 10.30am, we packed our bags and got a lift to Phuket airport, had a subway and made the 2 hour flight to Chiang Mai. I had already booked our guesthouse, so all we had to do was get a taxi. It took a while, as per usual the drivers do not have much of a clue where they are going. I gave him the contact number and he finally found it.

Guesthouse was very nice, it had a small swimming pool and a couple of deck chairs outside and we shared a dorm room with two other girls from the West Midlands (funny enough).

Sarah and I made ourselves a bit more at home and then as it was such a nice sunny day decided to go and lay by the pool and have a dip. Today, was just chilled and we found a nice little thai/Western food place to eat where I had Khao soi - asked and recommended by the waitress. Very nice!

Sarah and I also booked a day trip for the next day to Chiang Rai.

On the walk back to the guesthouse, we walked through the Saturday market and browsed at many of the handcrafted goods. A few beers were consumed later on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb