Master Chefs Thai Stylee


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 28th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well Cotty and I decided to try our hand at Thai Cooking today. Cotty and I were the first ones to be picked up out of the 11 students for the class. To our surprise, everyone else was Madarin speaking Chinese and Taiwanese nationals. I especially, felt a bit outnumbered!

Jasper was a funny Chinese dude that cracked us up from the outset, eating all his food before even preparing or finishing it. Apparently he was a Piano teacher and a DJ but above all a real foodie. I think Cotty's dad will be impressed with her new man friend! :-)

The day was fantastic, I cooked a mean Green curry and Phad Thai and Cotty got to cook her fav, Morning Glory. Our Tom Yum Soup was to die for, we also now know how to cook Papaya Salad, Sweet Mango Rice (lush) and delicious Thai spring rolls. Don't get too excited folks, there will be no dinner parties untill another 12 months and then we can only hope we will remember the course!

The teacher was great, with a fab sense of sarcastic humour making us all laugh throughout the day. We became friends with all the Chinese/Taiwanese class mates and I am surprised you did not hear Cotty's screams of ecstasy when she learned that some of the girls watched her Korean soaps that she has recently become hooked on!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



19th July 2012

Morning glory lol looks+sounds AMAZING :) love the fire shot+u rajgy+ur m8 wiv the knives lol xxxx

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb