Chiang Mai - Todd


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 19th 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Left on the early flight for Chiang Mai. Got to Tri Gong Residence (where Felicia was staying), met up with her, and we went to breakfast at Grace. She went to work and I walked around the old city until lunch. My goal was to walk the perimeter of the old city that day, but I only got about a quarter of the way around before lunch. Went back to Felicia’s office to have lunch with her and her co-workers. Stopped at the Queen Victoria Inn for a quick pint before setting out to conquer the rest of the city. Continued my tour of the old city, and it was hot as hell. Saw Wat Hua Kuang, remnants of the old city walls and the gates, Wat Prasat, Wat Phabong, Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chiang Man, Wat Sai Moon (a Burmese wat), and several other wats I didn’t get the names of. Eventually finished the entire perimeter, stopping a lot along the way to check the sights. Made it back (barely) to the QVI for a couple of pints and to wait for Felicia. She met me there and we ended up having dinner, basic English pub fare. I was feeling pretty exhausted, so we headed back to Tri Gong for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



30th June 2006

we miss you guys! I love the pictures from all the places you visit. Good job on the pictures. You've definitely created a journal of all your adventures. =)

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 81; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb