Long Live The King


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 10th 2006
Published: June 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone! Thank you for everyone entering the quiz and we shall announce the winner in a few days so there is still a chance to enter!
From Mae Hong Son we went to Pai for a couple of days. It is a lovely little town surround by mountains although slightly touristy. We foudn our first tin of baked beans and smash in a supermarket and we learnt how to boil eggs in our kettle so our diet is becoming a bit more varied!
We decided to do a trek to a waterfall in Pai and on the way we made two lovely doggy companions (called Bobby and Bobby - see picture) who followed us for most of the journey. We also ran into a lovely lady farmer who invited us into her home and showed us her paddy fields which was sweet. The scenery was great at the beggining of the rek (see picture) but soon the path became non existent and we had to start crossing rivers and fighting our way through bushes. As it started to rain and with another 2 hours to go we gave up!
We then went back to Chiang Mai in tiem for the big King celebrations for his 60th anniversary as King. Parades of people walked down the streets and there were dangerous fireworks at the end which resulted in huge fireballs falling from the sky landing on people! Bits of firworks fell on our heads too but they were not on fire thankfully.
We did our last tesco shop (see picture Dad) this morning and now we are off to Chaing Rai.

We would like to say congratulations ot Scott for passing his uni exams! So have a well deserved Summer holiday.

We hope you like the pictures.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th June 2006

you can join in if you can....man...
ah yes the kings sixtieth, i heard thailand had shortage of yellow tshirts as people were buying them by the truckload for his birthday. You still going in direction of Nong Khai? (where dad is) Or is it not near route youre taking? Have you picked up any of the Thai language yet??
10th June 2006

Language
How is you Thai coming along? What can you say in Thai?? Is it cold there - wondered about the t-shirt and long sleeved top? (I expect it is to stop the bites). Disappointed you are not eating the lovely Thai food. Not even a Thai curry? Have you tried Dragon Fruit yet? Picture request from Keith - a boat. Love the photos. Wishing we were there. Love Ying, Yang and little ying.
10th June 2006

R-O-O-O-O-O-N-E-Y
Love the picture - thanks, and seeing a Tesco's in Thailand - brought a tear to my eye. Give my regards to the King.
10th June 2006

boot fair
Tomorrow I sell all the stuff you left behind!!! Yep, I have cleared out your bedroom today. It's all going!!! Mumsy;-) xxxxx

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb