Thai Cooking Course


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 7th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is a short little post on my Thai Cooking course I took in Chiang Mai. A group of 6 of us went to a cooking course with Baan Thai cooking school. This place was 700 B for an evening class making 4 courses. It ended up being 400 to 600B cheaper than the ones the Hostel advertised, so good deal!

We arrived at a fully professional cooking school with Wok's for everyone and all the ingredients ready to do. We were also given cook books and a piece of paper giving us the option to cook certain things.
Before we began the cooking we were taken to a local food market for a hour. Our instructor was very nice and spent time going through all the different fruits, oils, spices etc that is involved in Thai food and showed everything to us in the market. We were given some extra time to wander around and then headed back to start cooking.

I began with Chicken Cashew nut. They gave me a little bowl with all ingredients, a chopping block and a knife. We all followed along with our instructor for each step for preparing the individual pieces. She then cooked the meal in front of us showing us the steps and when to add certain things in. Then it was our turn. Surprisingly mine came out wonderful. When it was finished they gave us rice and we all went back to our table to eat. This continued for my other courses, chicken coconut soup, Panang and the most interesting Spring rolls.

For the spring rolls we made what goes inside them first, poured that into a little bowl and were given spring roll sheets. We added the stuff on top of the spring roll sheet and learned how to fold a perfect spring roll. Then we deep fried them and they actually looked like a real spring roll and tasted like one too!

Overall this was an awesome experience i'd recommend to anyone in Chiang Mai looking for something to do other than Trek.

Next up Pai




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb