Elephant Trek


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 16th 2010
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Hello to all,

I have made it back from my trek and what an amazing experience. We set off yesterday morning around 9am, first we went to an orchid farm which was beautiful then drove another half an hour to get us close to the jungle. We had lunch then started our three hour trek into the jungle to the elephant camp. At times it was really hard and very high but it was worth it when we got there. The place we stayed at luckily had electricity as many don't but no hot shower, freezing cold. We relaxed for a while and listened to music then went on an hours trek on the elephants, they were lovely and treated really well which was important to me. There were 10 people in our group from all over the world and we all got on very well and will definitely keep in contact. Unfortunately I was very ill last night but I think it was dehydration and was looked after by everyone. We all went to sleep early as we were so tired but none of us sleep much as it was really cold (for thailand). This morning we woke up to the most amazing view of the camp and the jungle all around us, we had breakfast then watched the elephants bathing and being washed by their keepers. I was feeling much better this morning and looking forward to the day ahead. We made a short walk then got into a mini bus and drove for about half an hour, three people had to sit on the roof of the bus as there wasn't enough room inside. We reached our destination then walked for roughly an hour to a waterfall, it was a much nicer walk than the one yesterday and the waterfall was beautiful. We stayed there for about an hour before making our way back, the group then split up as half were doing two nights. Our half then went white water rafting and bamboo rafting these were both great as I'd done neither before, a perfect end to the trip. This evening I've been out to dinner and for an hours much needed foot and leg massage!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb