Cooking Ma Ma 3


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 15th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This entry is based on our cooking course that we took the other day. Again, we got up at the crack of dawn and were ferried away to the cooking school in Chiang Mai. After a quick introduction we headed for the market to pick up our fresh ingredients. Armed with baskets, the meat and veg were carefully selected at a minimum prices.

Back at the cooking school, each of the dishes we cooked were first demonstrated to us by cooking ma ma (from Nintendo ds!). A total of 6 course was cooked and eaten by us including, pad thai, coconut sticky rice and Penang curry. yummy! by the end of this we were so full we struggled to move and even had to take the left overs home. We even had a bbq planned with a couple of people back at the hostel...........

Before the bbq, we decided to go for a traditional thai massage at the local parlour, this was somewhat painful! starting from the feet all the way to the head, most of it was painful rather than relaxing. Being ticklish didn’t help the cause but overall it was pretty soothing. my back was pretty clicky which iam not sure if that’s good or bad. this lasted around 2 hours before we headed over to the bbq.

The following took place between the hours of 21:00 and 22:00, events occur in real time…… finishing up on the bbq it was time to clear up and take in the plates for washing up time, I had stacked up a couple of plates and cutlery ready for transportation to the kitchen. Little miss tsz wai decided to do some sort of rain dance and knock the cutlery from the stacked plates that I was holding. A nice shiny steak knife took a nose dive with the help of gravity and cut through the skin of tsz wai’s fourth toe to reveal some juicy meat! after losing a couple of millilitres of blood, some first aid treatment and a couple of jokes here and there she was ready to make the walk back home. This had ruined my plans to get some cake as the shop was now closed! We made it back ok and it was time to treat her majesty with due care and attention.

(at the time of entry, we are glad to say that all of tsz wai’s toes are functioning properly although co-ordinated walking remains an issue.)

Thank you and good night.

Chris & Tsz wai



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



24th May 2009

Yummy looking food!
i'm so unbelievably jealous! 1) the food looks absolutely amazing and 2) you learnt how to cook it! it looks so yummy!!!!!!! woo, you're definitely teaching me how to cook these when you come home! or at least cooking some for me!

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb