bangkok and heading north to fang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 17th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hi all. after a long 14 hour train journey on tuesday night we arrived at chang mai. we managed to get in an aprtment with air con and en suite for the night for 300baht (6 quid). we only stayed one night at there wasnt at much to see as thought. we also found that they were still celebrating sonkran and throwing buckets of water at us. often ice cold. so we left thursday morning and set off for for chang dao. this was my first proper ride and the temp was over 40 degrees. the ride started flat and then went through some hill at the end we covered 48 miles and i was burnt and bollocksed by the end of it. and with a broken rear hub. we managed to get 2 hut type things to stay in for the night(not as bad as it sounds). today (17/4/09) we then left chang dao and headed north again up to Fang. we covered 50 miles in hilly terrain and it was still over 40degrees. the route was great climbing through forests with high moutnains to each side of us. after 4 hours in the saddle we arrived at the town and managed to get a cheap guest house for the night. on the way in i had spotted a bike shop so i took my back wheel down to get them to have a look. after the stripped it down they found that one of the palws in the hud back broken and thats why it had been grinding away. so i asked if the could repair it. all they said they could do is rebuild the wheel with a new hud. so im still waiting to see if it will work when i pick it up in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb