arrived in bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 11th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Asiana airlines was bomb!!! good food, good service, and great sleep! it was 13 hrs to south korea with a 2 hour layover in seoul, then another 6 hrs to bangkok. took a 40 min taxi to meet Reid, who had told us that every taxi driver knows where this burger king is... ours of course did not. he droped us off at the end of the st and told us to walk down, what i can only desribe to you as a pee infested garbage filed alley with venders and taxi drivers just waiting to prey on a couple of american retards. by the way, they got us... we only spent one night in bangkok and got ripped off about four different times. luckily it was only a few dollars, because the exchange rate is 35 baht (bot) to 1 dollar. so far everything out here is increabily cheap, although Reid says its only going to get better. we spent the whole day walking to the temples and searching for the reclining buddah, absolutely increadible, i will try and upload some photos in a couple of days. last night we took a 9hr bus ride from bangkok to chiang mai for about 16 dollars. we walked around all day looking for a bar to show the game and found one that is going to show the replay at 9pm mon, SWEET. all in all thailand is pretty much what i expected...thousands of people hauling ass through the streets, warm weather, and tuk tuks!
talk to you guys later,
love Murph

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb