Loi Krathong Festival


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 25th 2007
Published: November 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The trip has hit a much slower pace right now. I am holding up for the Loi Krathong festival. I have a good $6 guesthouse and am happy to just do nothing for but watch the festival.
They have fireworks and they have some that are WAY louder than what we have in the states. It really sounds throughout the city like a cannon going off. They aren't so carefull with them either. Little kids maybe 6 years old will light things that shoot, flame, explode, and fling sparks right in the middle of a crowd of people.
It is amazing the way the people love the King here, very different than the US right now.

I am not sure what to do next. I think end of the festival tonight, cooking class tomorrow, then head out of town to the northeast on motorbike. I packed way to much am paying for it by lugging it around now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Party goodsParty goods
Party goods

You can buy fireworks, lantens and all you need for the festival
FloatersFloaters
Floaters

They place their worries in these and float them down the river. A bit messy the next day, but mostly biodegradable.
SkywardSkyward
Skyward

Look up and you'll see hundreds of these mini air ballons floating skyward. A sidewind hits them and they go down in flames. Best keep an eye up for flames coming down on you.
Fair Food Fair Food
Fair Food

No festival would be compleate without food stalls.


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb