Chiang Mai day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 11th 2007
Published: May 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Up late again.

Went down the road and being so late I had lunch with Venetia, Chressie and Kye. Being all tiered from the nigh before we spent a while here not wanting to get up and leave.

Oranised an elephant trip for tomorrow. The girls went for some massages while me and Kye had a wonder around. We visited the lovely Jade Budda before hitting China Town and its multy storey indoor market.

Later met up with the girls and being 4:30 it was time to hit the night market. This consists of many many stalls lon 2km length of road.

At one point I was trying to barter with one guy for a football shirt fotr my little brother. He wanted 600B which included some shorts. I was trying for 450 with out the shorts as my brother would never wear them. suddenly Chressie was straight in there. Before I could say "dont worry I've got this under control" she was bartering hard for only the shirt for 350b final offer. They exchanged words for a few minutes and she wouldnt budge from 350b. Finally she said "fare enough we'll go some where else", turned and started to walk off. With her back turned the market guy suddley screamed out "ok, ok 350". With her back still turned, this hugh grin spread across her face and I heard her mutter under her breath "yep, works every time". So ot the shirt for 350b. I have to say that was seriously cool (hardcore haggeling) and I was dead impressed.

After a few hours buying bits and bobs we had dinner. For some reason tonight was especially bad with mossieys and bugs.

That evening we headed off to the THC bar. A really nice Bohemian "hippy" style bar where you sit on cushions on the floor and leave your sandles at the front door. Had a few drinks with the girls, Kye and the Israelies from the other night. The girles left early andd a styed a bit longer till 2:00.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Thai showThai show
Thai show

While having dinner they put on this show


17th May 2007

Football shirt.
What football team was the shirt for? If it was a French national team one, for 350b you were ripped off!

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb