Made it. Now in Chiang Mai.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 9th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Graffiti dogGraffiti dogGraffiti dog

The dog. It still makes me laugh. The woman looked really sad, and the dog looked pitiful. Like her graffitied dog was the end of the world. So funny.
After getting off the train we got picked up by Songshaew a kind of weird adaption vehicle. It's basically a 4x4 diesel pick-up with the sides and roof covered and two parrallel sets of seats/benches fitted. That took us directly to our Hotel.

Our Hotel is Thaphae Garden Guest house, just off Thaphae road. It has a swimming pool, a nice big clean double room mozzie mesh over windows, it's pretty sweet to be honest, but for 400 Baht a night you'd expect it to be. (2 or 3 quid each per night is a lot here, so it's a bit of a rip-off, but that's okay)

We just chilled today, went bought new books to read from Gecko books, found the STAtravel office, and we saw a dog that had been graffittied (I, Matt was in hysterics.), Later I found out it was some crazy kind of medicine the used. The dog looked so sad.
Later Leanne went for a swim and told me to come too. It was freezing

Chiang Mai is a strange city, it's basically build around a 1.5km by 2km square moat, with a small urban sprawl. It's a lot more laid-back her
Giant moth.Giant moth.Giant moth.

At night the hotel has a few Gecko's that say rude things and the occasional moth.
and tauts are far less pushy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb