The 3day trek


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 25th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Heya!
We've just finished our 3 day trek around the jungles of Chiang Mai which was amazing and so much fun.
We caught the night bus up from Bangkok-slept about 2 hours in total, but we had all morning to sleep, except our room wasnt quite ready so we ended up playing cards with a few other guys who were in the same situation.
Anyway next day we left at 9ish on the trek with those same guys and a few others, including Rindheart and Stefan the germans who i was slightly puzzled by at first because of their quirkiness but they were absolutely awesome after a while.
After an hours journey we arrived in the jungle and jumped on some elephants and i got to sit on the neck of this poor thing whose skin felt like an unshaven man's face but we got to feed it bananas and sugar cane which was cool.
After that we treked on to our first camp which was actually a hut with beds made up and mosquito nets serious luxury! We sat around playing cards, guitar, eating dinner and drinking literally our little fridge dry around the camp fire with the village dogs! we eventually got up the next morning, after our tour guide, chu, saying that it was gonna be 930 when we left, but seeing as we hadn't surfaced until about 10 maybe later, we ended up leaving at about 11. Passing out through the little village, for our days treking, we got slightly distracted by a football pitch and ended up having an international footy match which entailed the irish, english, thai and germans, with leez and i as the only 2 girls and my first touch lead to an own goal....but i like to think i redeemed myself afterwards!
So off we went, a few hours late, taking the shortcut instead, to our second waterfall, in fact and we all went for a little swim, shower under the falls and we climbed up them as well- with pete managing to cut his foot and brake 2 toes in the process... Chu said it was better not to slide down the waterfall so we walked back in the end, dryed off and set off again.
We arrived at our second camp, which again, was pretty luxurious for the jungle. That night we decided to invade a camp just a little bit away from us, but not before playing 007 bang around the camp fire, which, cutting a long story short, leads to a punishment if you screw up; This was a black marking of some kind on your face, using charcoal, and lets just say you couldn't see me in the dark afterwards- liza'll put photos up, don't worry!
So then, me as black as anything, lead the way to the other camp, with everyone else following on behind with spectacles, moustaches etc drawn on and we actually had some quite interlectual conversations considering. Met some spanish guys, who we've bumped into continuously who i got to practise my spanish on and sung around the guitar to such tunes as 'breakfast at tiffanys' which was a laugh.
So anyway after some fun and frolics we had a little sleep and woke up to a beautiful breakfast of pineapple(which i've never liked before), watermelon, boiled eggs and toast and carried on to another waterfall for a bit of a stop, where liza tried to throw me in fully clothed, so in revenge of her unsuccessful operation, which is just as bad as a successful one in my eyes, i proceeded to fling half my bottle of water over her very deservingly.
We carried on again to a river with rapids and jumped onto some bamboo rafts which these thai men remake every day. Anyway, as they punted down the river with one of us helping on each 3 man raft, i was the one relaxing at the time, when suddenly, bang, the guy hit his stick on the water right next to me and i was drenched.
This continued on our course down the river and we ended up playing bumper cars but with rafts-good fun.
After this we jumped on a van which took us back to Chiang Mai city and we had a good night last night lets just say. my friend ben would like say hi
Hope all well back home xxh


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb