Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Thailand!
Well we jumped off the plane after 11 hours and promptly jumped into a barbi pink taxi, which took us to central backpacker district in Bangkok, with a thai man called Steve who works, when he's got enough money, in the Bronx so could speak english and gave us some awesome advice which was lucky.
Then walking around was really overwhelming, not only because it was such a culture shock, but also because we look so completely different and people do not hesitate to stare at you. Although i'm pretty much used to that after a day and a half.
Today we bumped into this amazing woman, who saw us before we'd seen her and concernedly said, 'You know you're in Siam Square';obviously thinking that we looked a bit lost, but then carried on trying to find out what we'd got planned and once she'd realised we hadn't altogether planned everything we could have hmmm.. she ended up organizing us a tuktuk(motorbike taxi)at the local thai price 10p,as opposed to an imflated tourist price20p to get us to a government run organisation where we ended up gettin all the buses &accommadation that we needed for the whole trip sorted. And the driver said that was the most expensive one so took us to 2 more cheaper ones; spending about 4 hours with us in total and then didn't want us to pay him cos he didnt have the right change really genuinely nice but yea, we know we can't let our guards down mum!!
So tomorrow night we're getting a night bus up to Chang Mai to do a jungle trek for 3 days which means we get to ride elephants, do a bit of kayaking and meet some other backpackers! So really lookin forward to that. then it's back to Bangkok for an onward bus to one of the islands called Ko Samui-watersports, beaches and the full moon parties. Funny though, there's a Buddhist holiday on the 2nd when the full moon actually happens, so no drinking can occur, so the party's been delayed until the 3rd, which is on the next island; Ko Phangan- staying in a beach hut!!
Then eventually we'll end up in the far south-Krabi which is a small fishing village where there's climbing, kayaking, diving and probs a bit of sunbathing to be done...
Then it's on to Cambodia so I'll keep you updated


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



20th January 2007

Travel is fun!
Cool, looks amazing, wish I was there.
20th January 2007

Smelly problems
I also realise that you have aknowledged your problem at last and everything you come in contact with is called ...pooes, I can smell you from here, when do you travel further away to Australia?
4th February 2007

smellier problems
yea yea, you know you smell just as good! hope you and marleine are having a good time, we've just been to the full moon party which was awesome as! you have to come to thailand just for that i promise! anyway take care stinker and mwah! xxh

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb