chiang mai revisited


Advertisement
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » San Kamphaeng
April 22nd 2012
Published: May 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

And so after almost a month in Laos, really a country and culture wanna reside in i spoiled myself and took a one hour flight back to Chiang Mai where i had left a suitcase a while back ... every time i end up in an internet cafe i wanna write bout daily life ... how i kinda spend mi days ,... however again i think more fun to take ya along with images and some text ... enjoy... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

m not the only tourist ...m not the only tourist ...
m not the only tourist ...

amazing, i think half of the visitors i meet/see at temples are monks themselves, usually being driven around from temple to temple in and airconditioned 4 door sedan
early morning not many customers ...early morning not many customers ...
early morning not many customers ...

for the prayer flowers ... so what do you do when your 10 years old and don't have a smartphone to play with ...
big or small entrance  ... big or small entrance  ...
big or small entrance ...

from my 'porch' at the pagoda inn maze i can see the stupa, when i came to it, i noticed the chinese gate ...
and can you see the gate now?and can you see the gate now?
and can you see the gate now?

aaaaahhh, it's only what the eye sees :-)
first time ever on this trip to wear a hatfirst time ever on this trip to wear a hat
first time ever on this trip to wear a hat

the sun is scorching, impossible to be outside after 10am, unless you at least wear a hat and try to stay as much in the shade side of the street ... where obviously a people congestion is ... however strangely enough they part as mi the giant walks thru ...
mi birthweek present boypals ...mi birthweek present boypals ...
mi birthweek present boypals ...

decided to honor this trip with a tattoo ... the 2 sons of the artist fell in luv with mi as i let them play my smartphone ... all kinds of cool games ...
the initial print is donethe initial print is done
the initial print is done

and time for a little break .. after approx 1.5hr, about half way ...
and now the filling in needs to be done ..and now the filling in needs to be done ..
and now the filling in needs to be done ..

first a stamp, then the ink tatooed in the outline, to then fill it up completely ... it feels like someone contiuously scratching ya deeply with a sharp nail ... however it slowly moves down and/or up ...
i was smart beforehand ...i was smart beforehand ...
i was smart beforehand ...

a mexican restaurant was just 2 minutes walk from mi, so i had picked up a large strong margarita before and paid for a second one which was delivered about 1.5 hr into the 'ordeal'
and here it is ... and here it is ...
and here it is ...

with plastic around it so as not to have the ink 'bleed' as of course the skin is damaged, has all little holes in it ...
idiot mi ... idiot mi ...
idiot mi ...

did the tatoo on the day i was to travel to Kanchanaburi a few hrs north west of bangkok ... didn't have the best night, however did feel proud ...
and here it is in real ... and here it is in real ...
and here it is in real ...

aaaaahhh and what does it mean ... i start out to say its filiniesque ... designed it together with the artist the previous day ... 4 elements, 5 senses a bit of yin/yang, and movement of energy ... hmmmm think its too much???? i 4 myself m real happy with the outcome ...
and then the seat were turned into beds and then the seat were turned into beds
and then the seat were turned into beds

the best way i've travelled so far ... and that was very good, as the trip which was suppose to be 12 hrs turned out to be over 17 hrs, of which at least 12 hrs i was lying like a princess ...



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb