Tiger Kingdom


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » San Kamphaeng
January 9th 2010
Published: January 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

For breakfast we were naughty and visited the golden arches, the began a trek to find the local bus station, it was a disaster trying to find and instead grabbed a tuk tuk. It was a young woman who I bartered with for a little bit then we were on our way to 'Tiger Kingdom'!
Pretty unusual flying down the motorway at crazy speeds with no side to the vehicle, even more strange when she stopped in the middle of the motorway and a motorbike pulled up with 2 guys on, one jumping off the back and began driving our Tuk tuk, only in Thailand!
On arrival we saw a big Camel which was pretty unexpected, then we bought our tickets making sure they were the full shabam! We went in with 7 month old Lions and then Tigers, then we went in with full grown 24 month old Tigers, and after we went in with a few baby 3 months Tigers, although were bigger than the dog! The funniest part was one of the keepers pointed to one of the caged Tigers and said "naughty boy" he been bitting people, "nom, nom, nom". No drama really only a full grown Tiger chomping off peoples limbs! We had a wander around and looked at all the other Tigers then went for a few beers by the water enclosure and watche the Tigers play in the water.
After a long day we jumped back in with our tuk tuk lady who had been waiting all day, then head home.
We changed and head out to "Lemon grass" for curry and coconuts, then we had a little wander through the night bazaar, then had a quick beer in a bar which was in fact pretty seedy after inspection!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1002s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb