Khao San Road Crazy!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 28th 2006
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Captains Log..............

..........What can I say Thailand is a crazy place where litterally anything goes and it is such a beautifull place but can also be a dangerous and scary dirty one two!!! but so can London its a little different when you cant understand allot of the language but am learning a bit to get bye and doing okay!!!!!! We are staying in a cheap room (2 pound per night!!)on the khao san road right in the middle of the street about three stories up (so it gets too dam hot as heat rises and by 6 in the morn i am sweating buckets as the fan dont really do all that in the heat!!)with a balcony over it all and can hear when it gets queit which is really early in the morn to when it all starts up again!! Litterally going to sleep with tunes blazing from all over the place as theres loads of bars!! Basicly the Khao san road is the mecca for all travellers to bangkok for its cheap and bustling lifestyle!!!! tut tut and cheap clothes to cds ping pong shows to the cheapest pad thai noodles ever 15 bart for a meal which is 20p which was our meal the over night as me and jaz pushed the boat out!!!haha!! we went out to this bar yest called the garage which is actually a petrol station by day and they cover the forecourt in tables and chairs a bar and dj and a music soundsystem!!! the dj (60 year old thai dude called sunshine) let me choose a few tracks which was cool and sank some thai whisky buckets with the redbull and coke which is so strong they cant sell it in the uk!!
Missin the isalnds as bangkoks a busy and manic place where lifes alot quicker bustling and people aret always as friendly as they were back on idylic island life!! cant wait to go south in a few weeks when jaz;s girlfriend Sabina comes out to met us!! we will go down to Phuket Ko Lanta Phi Phi and maybe do Ko sumet etc but dont know in which oder but i love isalnd life and chilling on a beacj with a cold beer and the sea to relax you after a night out on buckets everything is okay!!!! plus need to do more snokelling with coral and elctric coloured fish!!! and scare neon clams and swim into a bus sized shole of fish wich is pretty mad!! I felt like the don David Attenborough!!!
Just booked a bus and visa over to Cambodia for tomorow which leaves at 7.30 which is going to hurt as hate travlling by bus here as it aint fun!!! stuck in your seat for 15 hours with nuff hasle from people trying to ripp you off bamboozle you into staying at their guest house(one of the cons stated in the lonely planet guide as they take a long way into the country so by the end of it you give in to the - apparently- available guest house which is crap and expensive) so gonna enjoy tommorow!!!!!!!! 😞 Cambodia a nice place but its not really wise to venture out to the capital after dark and theres nuff beggin by kids which is worse than bangkok which aint nice to see!! Jaz keeps on getting called a ladyboy by little kids trying to sell stuff amongst all the other sellers on the street!! which is funny but they really dont care and can be well cheaky!!
We are gong to cambodia to see the temples of Ancor wat!! which is a massive aincient city of amazing temples only found 100 years ago which is speard over land bigger then new york city!!!!!!! Tomb raider used this place whilst filming!! also we will see the killing fields at phnom penh which is going be well strange to see as it was just over 27 years ago when ther was a mass killing of inocent lives?????????
Heard and read too many stories bout Cambodia so got to keep on my toes as even the guards on the border try to rip you off but after all the crap Cambodian people are said to be really nice and friendsly its just the intiall part whcih is a bit daunting!!
Cant eat chillis still whcih is hard as the thais love chilli and was even getting paople on the last island who i didnt even know offering my chilli food saying are yes we have heard please eat!!! but i have over done it and have some pills to stop the pain i have got from overdoing the chillis big time!! Hope this means my days of eating chilli till i cry are not numbered as i really do love it!!!
went to a massive market called the chatuchak weekend markets with over 15000 stalls from just about everything!!! you can buy snakes spiders to weird looking fish with bulbous heads to bugs nuff clothes and allsorts of presents basicly evrything under the sun!! strange food with stumuch churning liver / or wings from birds ........ too much to mention!!! Carazy but def get good bargins on anything you wnmat to buy!!! will prob come back before i leave with jaz and Sabina to get xmas presents and maybe a little something something for me!!
Yest saw most of the temples and Bhuddas part from the garnd palace as me and jaz didnt have the 250 bart each to get in but saw some wicked stuff - absolutely amazing!! we got a mad tut tut driver from the khao san road to take us all around for 60 bart whcih is under a pound and he waited outside each temple and then came the scam which is big out here........tut tut drivers and many tour guides have this scam where they say they will take you to a shopping centre which can be a dodgy travel agent to a suit shop to a nasty fake jewllry place where prob kids in sweat boxes prob make all the goods and the tut tut guys get commision for doing this ( i think the goverment is on on this two!!??) but we were like just take us home but insisted we go so first done a suit shop and walked out after 20 secs as they were well pushy and f;;cking rude and our drivers face was a pic as he wer\nt gonna get the com and they physicly tried to push i\us in whcih didnt go down well so we pushed them back and got back into the tut tut whoi wernt happy we said okay one more shop which was a travekl shop which was dodgy but after we were saying we aint got money to book anything they wouldnt tell us anymore and so we left after 5 mins same thing happend matey gpot stressed as he didnt get commision he was like he needs 200 bart for pertol we were like no its 60 bart stop beeing a pr'ck and get us back he said no you can make our own way home so we called his bluff and left thetut to be stuck in sh;t street in downtown bangkok with 40 bart to our name!!!!!!!!20 mins later we got to a mainstreet asked some directions noone understands plus tut tut and taxi wert gonna take us for less than 100 bart so......then fianlly get directions to get a bus from over the road!! get on thai bus for 7 bart each litterally 10p!! got off kind of near us and made it home!!!
haha life on the open thai roads!! lesson learn never go sight seeing on a tut f;;cking tut!!!!!
not lookingh forward to tomorrow as our mate Debbie said it was the scariest thing she had ever done as the roads are well bumpy too which about everthone i have spoken to has said!!!
Well hopefuly i wil speak to you all soon!!!!!!!!!
Laterz much love
Be good to hear from everyone and know what your all up to and what you think of my longwinded blog as never done anything like this.........i tell the you would hate to hear the long version!!!!!!!haha you on know what i am like so hope you understand it aint easy for me to articulate what i want to say!!!!
Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alski!!!!!!!!

Advertisement



30th October 2006

You really are mad!
Well, as I say, you're a crazy person! As for working on the breathing whilst typing, you failed :-) You sound like you're having the time of your life though, which puts a smile on my face :-) As for the chilli - I don't think anyone reading this will be surprised - that's what you should have as your middle name! Things over here are good. I'm moving into my flat in December, and going over to Barbados, so I'm kind of on a count down - VERY excited! A bit scared about living on my own, but Beth seems to think she's got the spare room, so not sure how much actual time I'll get to myself!!! As for us lot going out without you - hasn't happened :-( You left, and out of respect we haven't done anything for a few weeks ;-) I am going to kick everyone this week though - there are too many good films on... I went out with my work mates the other week - I think they got to see the real me, although god knows if that's a good thing! They said something about me being a hardened drinker - they clearly haven't seen me at my worst :-) Work itself is going well, I didn't think I'd be able to be happy without the Selestia lot, but I'm making new friends, and I love my team... I'll give your message to Kev - he was away last week, so that might explain at least one week :-) Things with Billy are good too, we really are staying friends. That's not to say that it's always easy, or I know the answer to everything, but we still care about each other, so we make it work. Anyway, I'd better go for now. It's 11.40, and I have to be up at 6.15 :-( I'm so glad you're having such a good time, and thank you for replying to my comment - we've just got to get more people leaving messages. Grace xxxx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb