Day 39 Hong Kong to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 1st 2014
Published: December 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone



Last day in HK!! We left the big Buddha to do today. We left just after 7.30am so we could get the two tubes (about an hour) and then the 25minute cable car up, see the Buddha and monastery, and do the return journey before check out at midday. However this went out the window when we got there and the cable car section didn’t open until 10am. We didn’t have the time to go up!!! So we came back. (Yes a waste of a morning)





We went back to bed for a bit and then checked out at midday. We had lunch in the hostel from the super market opposite and used up all our money (apart from the money we needed for the bus to airport). We said goodbye to the guys in our hostel, they were hanging from last night!! We also met another guy in out hostel who was also on the same flight as us at 18.05pm.



We said our goodbyes at the hostel, and then caught the bus from outside our hostel straight to the airport, we went with Scott from hostel too.



We arrived at airport about 3.30pm, so plenty of time to put on as many expensive face creams and perfume/aftershave as possible and drink as many liquor samples as we could (well we are on a budget!).



Flight was delayed 30 minutes but it was worth the wait- Sir Lanka airlines are really good: TV, great Thai meals, wine plus there was hardly anyone on the flight J



So we landed after 3 hours flight and managed to get a taxi to our hostel, managed to get it for £6 (it was 30 km)!! So we arrived at about 2300, we were shattered and happy to sleep!!! The hostel was unique, it was a arty/music hostel, and of course a shit hole!!! It was out side the main city and was dirty, smelly, and just nasty!!! Our bed was dirty and covered in cats hair, Vick was not happy i slept on it but she had her silk liner to sleep in.



Thanks all people!! Good night Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb