Bangkok Day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 21st 2013
Published: June 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

I wasn't planning on writing anything for today but I somehow managed to wake up at 4:30am this morning after misunderstanding Meredith when I asked her what time it was and thought she said 6:30. We need to catch a cab to the airport for our flight to Phuket around 6:30 so now we are trying to kill time. Could have gone back to bed BUT classic timing had Meredith discover BED BUGS in her bed (I would like to think I avoided them as there was none in mine, however I am not that optimistic) so she squashed the bugs (so gross) and my plans to go back to bed. Now we are hanging out in the lobby... So much for our 480 baht a night bargain (480 baht is about $16). Anyways, that lovely story aside, our Khao San road experience yesterday was fun. Meredith got henna (only to rub half of it off within ten minutes!!), I got a hair wrap thing, we tried fried scorpion, ate tom yum soup and pad thai, drank buckets of booze, got pedicures, and did a bit of shopping. We are looking forward to getting out of Bangkok and closer to the beach to catch some sun and get away from the smelly and crowded city scene! Khao San Road is overcrowded with backpackers and scams (think in-your-face street vendors in places like Mexico or Jamaica for custom tailoring and junky souvenirs) so we won't miss it too much, although it was still a must-see. Now we are waiting at Don Muang airport, the old airport that Air Asia uses for domestic flights to leave for Phuket to Karon beach. We decided to "splurge" on our $75 dollar flights instead of taking a 12 hour overnight bus ride where there is often thefts reported.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb