Amsterdam to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 24th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

amsterdam to bangkok


We went to have a look at the 6D cinema. Apparently 6D is the usual 3d+sound+motion+something else I can't remember. It looked really cheesy like the motion simulators where you get to fly a jet or go on a rollercoaster. We didn't go on it in the end.

What we did do is go to The Dutch Bar in Holland Boulevard. Tahnee had a REALLY nice cocktail and I had a lovely white beer. Im not sure exactly what it was called, but it the bar hosts a local special draft, and it was the current draft. The bartender was a really nice chap. He REALLY knew his barkeeping and was explaining about making Tahnee's cocktail as he was going along (and training a bar tender as well). Highly recommend anyone passing through schiphol with a taste for cocktails to check it out.

Next up was the flight to Bangkok, but what we failed to realise was our plan of buying drinks airside at newcastle was for naught as even though we were on the airside when we arrived, Schiphol had yet another security checkpoint, and our 3for2 drinks deals just got thrown away. 3 bottles of Neuro Bliss and 3 bottles of pepsi max gone to waste! I wouldn't mind so much, but they are really stingy with drinks on flights and with the dry air, you end up dying of thirst.

The flight itself was nicer than I expected. My idea of fun isn't being stuck in a chair in a tin can, hurtling through the sky at 600mph for 10-12h. There's no internet for one thing! In this day and age! Fortunately every seat had AVOD built in so we could watch movies and TV etc. I would have had to watch whatever animated crap Tahnee wanted to watch, but because it was all seperate I got to watch Prometheus and The Raven. Winnar! Well, except The Raven was pretty crappy tbh.

As a side note I have also discovered sleeping pills don't make me feel sleepy, they just make my limbs feel a bit numbed. All in all, would have to give the pilot 9/10 for his landing and takeoff. Extremely smooth for such a large plane. Tahnee agrees.

Oh yeah. PS - Schiphol Airport is AWESOME. When planes land and take off, they taxi over a bridge which passes over a motorway/carriageway. How awesome would it be to be travelling on the road and see a 747 going over the top of the bridge in front of you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb