First Leg Done


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Haarlemmermeer
September 23rd 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

First and Second Leg


Well we are now sitting in Shiphol Airport, Amsterdam.

First leg of the journey wasn't too bad. Gentle take off, smooth landing. I rate the pilot 8/10, Tahnee rates him the same.

One of things I like about Newcastle airport is (with it being a bit provincial) they are pretty easy going about things. While they have the same care attention to their security theatre as any other airport, I've been through, you get the impression that they decurity guys dont take themselves too seriously and are actually human beings.

Tahnee accidently left a 200ml bottle of hair conditioning spray in her hand luggage. We were aware of it before going through, but thought we'd try out luck anyway. As it went through the xray she got pulled over and they searched her bag. I was sure the liquid was the reason, but it turned out a little dragon ornament with spiky wings looked a bit like knife blades. They took the liquid away, but if it wasn't for the dragon, they wouldn't have pulled her over. Better luck next time!

Anyway, we are sat in the Airport Library. They seem terribly proud of their artists over here...and their tulips. There are loads of stalls selling tulip bulbs. Try getting those through Aussie customs! We've also seen the world's most expensive whiskey. It's €250.000 but i'm not sure if that is per measure, or for the bottle. I assume by measure.

Apparently there's a 6D cinema here. I've just realised that all 3d movies are actually 4d because they change with time, but I still can't work out what the extra 2d represents. Maybe we will go there next.

We have a couple of hours before our flight to Bangkok, but that's me over an out for now. Far too much rambling about boring things.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb