Day one BKK – jet lag, cocktails and late night food


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 29th 2012
Published: August 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

So we have officially experienced our first day in Bangkok.

After almost 24 hours of travel Sarah felt guilty about the prospect of waking Tom so let him sleep for most of the afternoon. We went out for a wander at tea time and ended up eating a Subway of all things, not exactly Thai but we were in need of aircon, fluids and some form of quick food! Sarah did opt for chilli sauce to try and make the tuna sub more thai inspired!

We returned to bed as Tom was still suffering from Jet lag, and awoke late at night unsure if it was still Wednesday or if we’d slept until Thursday!!! In the end we went out and found a cool bar where we indulged in our first pints of Singha and meals of pad thai – it was gorgeous.

After having a wander and gawp at the wonderfulness of Bangkok at night we stopped at a VW campervan that had been converted into a cocktail bar and just had to sample a margarita cocktail each, followed by a mojito! Both were lovely!!

We’re now back at the hotel. So the
Off exploringOff exploringOff exploring

Sarah manages to drag Tom out of bed for an afternoon explore
only exploring we’ve done so far today is Sukhumvit road! Tom is shattered again, and is nodding on and off. He’s been given one day of grace (poor Tom!) before the proper itinerary kicks in and there is lots of exploring to do each day!!

The hotel is lovely, a very nice surprise, our room is great with a lovely bathroom and separate dressing area. Only downside is tiny window with concrete wall as a view – feel like we’re in prison! Tomorrow we are off on a boat trip (joint choice), a forensic medical museum (Tom’s choice) and the prison (Sarah’s choice), hopefully followed by some exploring of Banglumphi or China town depending on energy levels! We’ve also noticed an amazing looking night food market near the hotel that we want to sample.

In all not much achieved on our first day, but having a great time and we’re looking forward to the rest of our hols! We’re back in bed sipping on a can of Chang....this is the life J


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pad Thai & Singha timePad Thai & Singha time
Pad Thai & Singha time

Chicken for Tom, Shrimp for Sarah


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb