First time out in Bangkok and some sticky rice mango on the rooftops of Chonburi!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 9th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So for the past week I have been in Chonburi, Thailand and my friend Lindsey was nice enough to take me out for the weekend to Bangkok to meet up with some of her friends who teach english there. They live in a decent apartment complex and they each have their own room with a bathroom. We hang out until we are ready to go for a night out on Khao San which is a heavy backpacking community. First though we stop at this high class foreign club that is very nice. I didnt expect this so i wasnt dressed appropriately. I had on sandels and shorts. Well thats not welcome into such a nice place. So Braden a guy we are hanging out with asks his friend Yash whos very very wealthy to pull some strings. He takes me to an apartment complex around the corner and asks the gaurd for his shoes which are like a size 8 and i wear like an 11 and a half. The shoes do not fit at all and im wearing them like slippers and walk up to the bouncer and hes like thats not going to fly haha. So we then just head to Khao San and drink some buckets and some beers and get hammered. The next day we stay in and I explore some streets in bangkok with the help of a girl named Anna and get a phone in the equivalent to a Thailand walmart called Tesco. We eventually head back to Chonburi late on Sunday night.

I stay up and watch some TV on my computer and eventually Mary Fuson the one and only crashes into the room im in. She has been missing the entire time that have been here. She went on an exploration of Koh Phangan and Koh Chang with Eric Sterling.

Today Eric, Galen, Mary and I traveled around Chonburi and went to some straight thai markets and malls. We got some Mango and sticky rice and enjoyed it on the roof of their apartment complex. Another great weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb