Leaving Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 7th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

after 4 days in bangkok its time to head north to chiang mai. we felt like we walked 2 marathons.this city of 7.7 million is in perpetual motion almost enough to make you dizzy. took the khlung again to Bo Be market, this market is mostly for thai's before returning to the vietnam embassy to pick up our visa instead of the BTS(bangkok transit system ) we decided to walk there, We took the bts back to wendy house to pick up our packs, as we are staying near khosan rd the last 2 nights @ rambatturi village inn The trip from wendy house to khosan rd takes about 1hr including a 20 min ride on the local boat down the river.

Khosan rd is a famous road in bangkok, it comes alive at night with everything under the sun you can imagine.

We went to get our train tickets to chian mai, we leave at 3.00 pm and get there at 5.10 am, we get a top sleeping berth, cost 488 bht (15.00 cdn) . The Chatuchak market is next to the Bang Sue train station,(not the main bangkok train station)We decided to take to unvonventional way back to the train station the next day , boat to the nearest dock and a 5 klm walk , with our packs on seemed much further.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb