Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little ball of fur...... (Day 4)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 30th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

So today it is raining 😞 but still really warm 😊 I am sitting in the hotel room in the 55th floor and it is blowing a gale, I am tempted to go out on the balcony but afraid I might get blown away!

Today was a busy busy day we were up at 6am for brekkie as our tour guide was due to pick us up at 7.30am. We went to the Floating Market, The Bridge over the river Kwai, the War memorial cemetery and the Tiger temple.

So we wanted to go to the Floating Market as Gina recommended it said it was great, she didn't however mention how scary it was! You rock up and are put on this long tail boat which is really low in the water to the sides are just a above water level, add to this the fact that the waterways are narrow, the boat drivers are nuts and there is not enough space for all the boats. It was mental defo something to be experienced but once in a life time is enough.

So then we headed onto the War Cemetery for the POWs who died during WWII, building the Bridge over the river Kwai. It was beautiful, it is so well kept, quite sad when you think about the people buried there, how they died, so far away from home and most of them only in there early 20s but it is nice that each one is remembered.

We then headed to the Bridge on the River Kwai. Not really as big as I expected it is only the width of one train and about double the length of O'Connell Bridge. Where it is, is gorgeous though once you are on the bridge you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere but then you come of the bridge and it is a small commercial town.

From there we stopped to have lunch, (I have a feeling I am going to be living on Pad Thai for a while) G had a "mild" green curry, I would not like to try their spicy version!

So from there to see the BIG Kittys 😊

Went to the Tiger Temple and we were really looking forward to it, you do get to go up close to the tigers, take pics and with them and touch them, but we both left feeling a bit sad cus they are so restricted they are literally chained to the ground and can't move more then a foot, which I can understand is for our safety but it just doesn't seem fair. They say they are just "sleepy" during the day in the heat but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are drugged up to there paws!

Oh and the smell in the Tiger Temple is something else, it gives Bangkok a run for its money.

Not much else to report for today, watched the A-Team on the bus on the way to the River Kwai (it was a 2/3hour journey) and got McDs for dinner they do a yummy white chocolate cake and McDelivery, how good would that be at home when you have a hangover. Also we got 2 meals and dessert for €7.

Heading to bed now up early in the morning to go Chang Mai on the bus 0_o





Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb