Bangkok baby!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 28th 2011
Published: April 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The plane journey to Bangkok wasnt as bad as i thought! I didnt sleep (i dont think i could have anymore after all my naps in Delhi airport!lol!) Before boarding our plane Anna and Sean asked me to read them a bed time story so i gave them a little extract from "The Runaway' ny Martina Cole! They loved it !And we found a beautiful saying 'sheep eyes' and spent the rest of our stay n Delhi airport practising this eye move to the other passengers entertainment! I think we have the action down cold now and i will be taking pictures of all our attempts and posting them on here at some piint!haha!

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday! Absolutely exhausted when we got here! Had a crazy cab driver from airport who after 20 mins of silence decided (as we looked so young and awesome!lol!) to play us a 'The Saturday's girl group imitation band of Thailand called 'Kara'! Now im not gonna lie i quite liked a bit of the old Kara myself! With there pigtails and candy coloured matching outfits! Nice introduction to Bangkok and Thai music in general! When we got to the hostel we were told we couldnt check in till 2pm (it was 9am) this nearly killed me as there only so much sleeping standing up that one person can do!lol! Sean decided to take us on a little trip to the local park (to 'relax!') now this did not turn out as he had hoped as after walking for about half an hour dead on our feet from exhaustion and still no sign of this amazing park! We had to admit defeat! It wasnt all bad though we did see about 7 embassy's for netherlands, america etc however were still unaware as to where the British Embassy is located!lol!

When we finally were allowed into our room i was very suprised as the room was very modern and clean with dark polished wood flooring and a modern tiled bathroom! I v never been so happy to see a bed in my life and i think iv never slept so well!! We woke up and decided to head to the Khao San Road to find some other backpackers! The Khao San Road is just how i expected bright, trashy and loud! The food was ok (i had Pad Thai) and the cocktails were very ok (Rum punch!). However, we couldnt seem to find where all the backpackers were it seemed like everyone down there was a couple! (Not fun!!!!). I did discover the 'pancakes' though which were amazing!! Peanut butter and Nutella in pancake dough is the 'Shiz'!!!!!! Now myself and little Miss Anna did not take the guide books warning about the water and ice very seriously so after our cocktail (which was filled with ice) my tummy became very upset with me and i spent a lot of the rest of the night in the vile bathroom of the bar! Anna on the other hand became very ill when we got back to our hostel and proceeded to be sick in the street (no wonder the locals have a bad impression of the English...drunken louts)! However, i feel the ice was definately to blame for this!!!!! Note to self........Avoid the ice!!!!!!!

Today we went to the Golden Palace which is really beautiful! All golds, blues and mosaics! However, i was not very impressed when i was told my leggings were not appropriate as they were too tight (story of my life) and was told i had to borrow a very desirable lime green tie dyed full length skirt t wear inside the grounds! Now m not gonna lie i a, as accomadating as the next person when it comes to respecting peoples customs however 'a tied= dye lime green skirt'????? WHY!!!!!!!! this monstrosity should be burned and never seen again!!!! I have discovered the ost amazing drink thanks to little Miss Anna Hoang! Called Bubble Tea... its either tea or coffee (frapaccino style) with little balls of tapiocca in it! Sounds weird but its immense! Kind of like eating cocoa pops in milk!!!Yummy!!!!!

Tonight we are going to sample the delights of the Floating Market! Cant wait! As nice as Bangkok is, it is very similar to any large city in the world, except very hot and sweaty!!!! Im really looking forward to getting to the suthern islands and stripping all my clothes off immediatly and sitting in the sea for as long as my skin can remain tight and un-wrinkly!!!!!Blisss!!!!! First stop Phuket!!! We just need to figure out how to get there by bus and we will be ready to rumble!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb