Off I Go


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 19th 2011
Published: January 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody and welcome along to my much promised travel blog and thanks a bunch for bothering to read it. Hope that lasts. Anyway, as you may know I departed British shores on Monday evening for 6 whole months, and after an 8 hour flight to Delhi, followed by an exhilarating 13 hour stay in Delhi airport before another 4 hour flight got me and Chris into Bangkok this morning.

What proceeded was what I think will prove to be the scariest part of the whole 6 month adventure. Our "taxi", some highly tuned pink beast, with the biggest spoiler I've ever seen in my life, zoomed us to the guest house we've booked in at. What's the problem with that you ask? No seatbelts!! Sooo very pleased to have survived that.

Anyway the excitement of the morning didn't end there. We aren't able to check in until 2pm so after breakfast we were wandering along the street by the hostel looking for an ATM when a chap called Som starts chatting to us and giving us all these helpful tips. He eventually hails us a tuc-tuc (again, pretty dam scary, nobody can drive properly in Bangkok) and sent us to the best tour operator in town. A whirlwind meeting with them and we had ourselves a V.I.P bus to Chaing Mai booked, as well as 2 nights in a hostel up there and 2 nights in the jungle on a 3 day tour. We decided to go tomorrow so we weren't travelling on Chris's birthday you see. So yes, I shall let you know how the jungle (including a raft ride and elephant ride, unlucky Gem) goes.

Hope everything is well at home, speak soon.

Si

P.S. It's boiling hot!!

Advertisement



20th January 2011

Elephant Ride!!
Wow Si sounds like your gonna have a blast, Gem is going green as we speak! Looking forward to the next instalment. Loads of love take care.
20th January 2011

Its bloomin freezing here
Hi there Si and "Happy Birthday Chris" well it does sound as though you are having a whale of a time and its only day "three" . We could use a bit of the boiling hot; there is freezing fog in Shropshire tonight OUR kitchen floor is now retiled and is transformed. We are planing another trip down the M40 to Bichester on Sunday, this time to buy an annexe for the new awning, its about two thirds of the way to heathrow.........will we never learn?!?! Have a great time, by the way its a long way down from an elephant's back. Best wishes N&G
21st January 2011

I'm so jealous, how was it????? Also why have you bought ghost?? x
22nd January 2011

Sounds lovely Si, keep enjoying yourself and stay safe. Gem's the best x

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb