Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 26th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok was very different to every other place we had been to in Thailand. As soon as we arrived in the airport i could tell it was going to have that hot, sticky, smoggy city feel to it, however a few of the guys had arrived in Bangkok a little earlier and had told us that where they were staying was ok so off we went.

We arrived at the hotel and within seconds of stepping out the cab we were hasseled by about 5-6 people trying to get us into there hotel, there bars etc etc. We stayed in Patpong and the road we were on was dodgy to say the least. It was full of bars, some of which we didnt dare to enter for fear of total mind corruption! However, we checked into our htoel, met up with the others and decided to go for something to eat, despite it being 1.30 am!

After the first day we decided we would move on to one of the beaches around Bangkok so we could try and catch some sun before we came back in only a few days time! We went to place about 2 hours outside bangkok, checked into a hotel and actually never made it to the beach! The hotel had its own pool on the roof and it was a prime spot for sunbathing so it seemed unnecessary to make the trek to beach each day! So the next few days were spent mainly sunbathing, swimming and sleeping!

We had a couple of nights out, one of which we spent on the raod where the hotel was which was very seedy and we didnt make a big night of it! The other one we spent on a street called 'Walking Street' which is long road, closed off to cars, full of bars, restaurants and clubs! It was another good night and we carried on some of the traditions. We ended up in a place called 'Tonys' which was probably the closest thing to a proper nightclub that we had come to in all of Thailand!

After the few days spent in the sun we moved to Khao San Road which we all enjoyed alot! We met up with even more new people that the others new from back home in Essex and made the most of our last couple of days. Khao San Road is full of market stalls, bars, restaurants and street vendors which were selling Pad Thai for 15 baht! We had one last big night out as four of the group, including Nick and i were heading home. It was another entertaining night which we spent in a couple of bars remenissing about our travels!

The next day, the day in which we were all heading home, we decided to do our last bit of shopping, so once we had finally got our of bed, packed our bags and checked out we hit the markets with avengance and in my case spent every last penny on clothes and dvds before my return!

At around 4pm it was time to say goodbye which fairly emotional after being away for such a long time with the same people. We then got in a taxi and saw Bangkok + our travels slowly fade away behind us! All it was to forward to now was a flight from Bangkok to Singapore, then a 4 hour wait until our flight frmo Singapore to Dubai, then another 2 hour wait until our final flight from Dubai to London, but ultimately i was looking forward to getting home, seeing Mum & Dad, not having to live out of a backpack and finally my own bed!!!!

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/JonnyD/

www.1stopchiangmai.com www.1stopbangkok.com www.1stopphuket.com www.1stopkrabi.com www.1stopsamui.com www.1stoppattaya.com

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb