Day 5 and 6


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 6th 2010
Published: December 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The evening of day 4 we ended up on Khao San road again with all the chaos that seems to belong there.
But the evening was fairly calm on our part, we met a swedish and icelandic guy that were out partying together.
And for the Icelanders it seemed to be magical to get to speak icelandic for a little while. 😊

On day 5 we went to Chatuchak weekend market which must be the closest thing you can do to get an idea for how it must feel to be an ant in an anthill.
People everywhere!
A never ending supply of booths that sell pretty much anything you can think of.
We went around for about four hours and bought the things we liked and when we got home we realized that we didn't even manage to spend 500 swedish crowns. Together..

Back in the hotel Assa dragged me with her into her mandatory nap. And after the sensory overload that is the Chatuchak market it was needed.

After waking up we stayed in the hotel and watched the celebration of the Thai king on TV together with the Thai family that runs the hotel. He is enormously popular and for many Thai's he is a reincarnation of Buddha.
When we thought most of the traffic chaos that followed the celebration had ended we headed downtown to eat.
Unfortunately we were way to optimistic and almost starved to death in the taxi. 😊
We had dinner, a few drinks and then headed home.

Today, (day 6) we went on the skytrain down to the river and then took a taxiboat up the solid Chao Phraya river to the Wat Po temple. The taxiboat in itself is quite an experience as there are lots of interesting things to see along the riverside. The Wat Po temple is beautiful and it houses a huge statue of Buddha where he is laying down instead of being in the almost standard Lotus position.

We tried to commit suicide by Tuk-tuk. It was not a bad attempt at all but still we failed at the end.
We took the Tuk-tuk to another temple and after that we decided that we smelled enough of exhaust fumes and that we had enough whiplash joy for one day so we had dinner and went home.

And that's where we are at right now. I'm planning on taking Assa out to get foot massage and then maybe eat something. We'll make it a soft evening since we are planning to get moving towards Kanchanaburi fairly early.







Advertisement



6th December 2010

foot massage
are you taking Assa out to get foot massage?! What a wonderful life you two have :)

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb