A service of Thailand...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 8th 2006
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, Chance forgot to put this in the blog and I wanted to add it since it was pretty interesting. We made it back from Chaing Mai and headed to the other side of Bangkok to pick up our Indian visa. We had to drop our passports off and come back after a 4 hour wait so they could staple the visa into the ol passport. Why it takes 4 hours to do this, I don't know. Anyway, we sat in the air conditioning of the embassy wondering what to do when we decided to check out this neighborhood bar boasting happy hour from 10am to 6pm. Nice. We had a couple of beers in a completely empty bar. Shortly after our arrival we found out what keeps this bar afloat. It's a front. It's a house of ill repute. That's right ladies and gentlemen. We had beers in a Thai whore house. I've had the honor of being in one. Or maybe I have and just didn't know it. So some old man came in and had a soda and then walked up stairs with a little Thai girl right behind him. Hum. We then read some paragraphs in our little Lonely Planet about a street right up the road from us that was known for this type of thing. Apparently, it started in the 70's during the Vietnam war.

After we got our visas we headed to the street just to check it out. Lots of bars with a bunch of girls just hanging out. Chance was even invited in to one of them.

Anyway, it was pretty interesting and a bit funny.

We'll blog again in the islands!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb