we made it!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 5th 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey peoples,

not much to report just yet. we had a LONG flight to taiwan, and decided to use our 8 hour layover wisely. we stored our backpacks and jumped a bus to taipai to see a temple, and did a mornig offering. we walked through the local neighborhood, had some noodles (adam didn't know what the broth was made of, but it sure was good!). cyndi, we saw your people in taiwan! lovely folks! we were the only whities, which made us feel like we were cool adventurers - haha!

took a bus back to the airport, and then the wackiness began. we thought we went to the wrong airport, which was supported by the confounded bus driver. we then realized we were in the correct airport, but could not get through customs to reclaim our backpacks. we feverishly ran around the airport terminals, pleading with many employees, only to finally realize that a system was in place that would have taken care of us, stressfree. silly tourists! anyway, got our bags, and had a much more pleasant flight to bangkok (on a turbulence-ridden airbus, mom!) we are convinced that the chinese flight attendant making the in-flight announcements practiced her english to old hollywood movies, ala gone with the wind. it was very entertaining the first 15 times she interupted the movie!

got to bangkok (koh sahn road), found a nice hotel (we splurged for the first few nights - A/C!! on the river!! rooftop pool!) and went to eat at a road stand. first people we met were POLAKS! two young doctors to be. we think we are going to rent a little boat with them to do the river market tomorrow. today is for recouperating, massage, and stocking up on toothpaste, money, and other treasures 😊

anyway, we'll check back in when we've got some stories to tell.

love to you all!

a/d

Advertisement



5th July 2009

cool, so far
great-you took advantage of your wait. sounds adventurous already. We're both thinking of you, what hour it is and what you might be experiencing. much love to you, mommy.
5th July 2009

Cool
Glad you made it safely. Have a great time looking forward to some photos Love Dad
5th July 2009

let the trekking begin!
glad to hear that the two fo you have successfully made it! taiwan has some awesome temples in taipei. wish i could've given you info. on taiwan ... but everything i know is in chinese and don't really know the translations. glad to hear you went to a noodle stand ... BY FAR MY FAVORITE! beef noodles chinese style is the best! SO JEALOUS to hear how fabulous your bangKOK trip is starting! by the water, a/c, and later on a boat ... can't wait to hear how the adventures begin! LIFE IN AMERICA ON THE 4TH OF JULY~ well honeyz ... YAH AIN'T MISSING SHIT! we all met up at auntie elaine's for another one of our usual get together feasts. the kids went to see fireworks @ the park and later came back and we popped a few in the neighborhood. it was my parent's 32nd wedding anniversary we got them a german chocolate cake. happy independance day americans! aloha from la~ c.
6th July 2009

Pozdrowienia
Witam, Kiedy zabierzesz Adama do Polski?, tu też jest parę rzeczy do zobaczenia. Przyjedźcie w przyszłym roku do Polski, zawiozę Was do Pragi czeskiej i zwidzicie Sudety i Karkonosze. Też jest ciekawie. Pozdrowienia od Cioteczki Ali i ode mnie. Wujcio.

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb