South East Asia 2009


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 27th 2008
Published: January 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

South East Asia 2009


Sawasdee!! Saibadee!! Greetings!! We are getting ready to take off on our South East Asian adventure. We leave on Jan 30 and return March 11. The plan is to visit Bangkok, Sukhothai, Chiang Mai (all in Thailand), then Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng and Vientiane (all in Laos), Then on to Siem Reap, Cambodia and then to Hanoi, Sapa and Halong Bay in Vietnam. This will be opportunity to travel almost 20,000 miles on 5 different airlines, buses, trains, and tuks tuks, see 12th century historical structures from the Siam empire, see hundreds of wats (Buddhist temples), go to a Thai cooking class, tubing down the Nam Song River with karst mountains , ride an elephant, trek and spend a night in a rustic home stay in Thailand and Vietnam with some ex-patriot Chinese and Burmese hill tribes, stay on a junk in Halong Bay, and experience some exotic foods (at least for Frank). We will publish periodic up dates and pictures as the local internet services allow us. if you wish to subscribe you may do so on the link on the main page on the left. You can also leave public or private comments at the end of each entry.

Advertisement



5th March 2009

WOW!
You two are so brave! This is quite an adventure. I've spent the morning (3/5) reading your travelblog and enjoying the photos. I'm so computer illiterate I couldn't figure out how to start at the beginning. So, I started at present and worked backward. I can't even imagine what a unique experience this will have been. I really enjoyed all your commentary. Should I travel that direction, I'll have a good idea of what to avoid/visit as you've done the research firsthand for the rest of us. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb