tuk tuks and taxis


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 16th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so after a seriously long amount of time spent flying we eventually got a room at singapore airport and had a nice swim on the rooftop pool in the morning. We boarded our flight for bangkok and matt finally finished watching Kung-FU panda after 3 attempts! he was pleased!

We arrived in Thailand and were finally relieved to be reunited with our rucksacks which hadn't been seen since leaving heathrow!!

The taxi ride from the airport was most interesting! i will never get road rage at home again! There is no SYSTEM no traffic lights and no lane discipline. families of 4 and 5 on the back of one motorbike and tuk tuks come from left right and centre! crazy!!

Our first hostel was in the back streets of somewhere but was very nice and had a bed and a hot shower which we were needing desperately by then!! bit of thai cuisine but then sleep sleep sleep!

next day a panic as we wake up late- only to realise our clocks were wrong and we were hours early! arrived at meeting point and went on a day of sightseeing, price negotiated by a very nice thai lady who told us we were lucky to have come on a day where everything was free (later to find out all of our group had been told the same! by some helpful thai person!!) saw some temples and buddha and all sorts.\

Met our group for cambodia, led by Mara our guide who is 23 and really good fun. There are 16 of us in total 8 girls and 8 boys ranging from 18 to in the 40s so a good mixture. some people are just finishing a trip and others are just starting out so have lots of tips for us! Had a nice evening meal and some drinks and headed back for an early start.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb