Heading home


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 20th 2005
Published: December 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Alana left really early this morning and I had a meeting with our distributor here in Thailand and a professor at the technical University. It was a very long day. I ended up on the subway at about 6 headed for Siam center. This shopping area in Bangkok is like the Las Vegas strip of shopping malls. Nearly 6 NYC size city blocks full of shopping malls, each catering to a different demographic with various restaurants, food courts and attractions. The people here love the mall, and go to the mall to eat at the many restaurants and buffets which actually seem to have good food. It is hard to get a suggestion of an actual restaurant to go to as everyone suggests the Paragon Shopping Center, or Siam Discovery Center. Its a little over the top, but you can buy a lamborghini at the mall if you feel like it.

Yesterday Alana and I visited the Grand Palace and Wat Pho, both of which we had missed during the first part of our trip. Wat Pho is home of the Reclining Buddha which is an amazing sight. (I will add photos when I can hook my camera up)

At the Grand Palace we were approached by a Monk who wanted to know everything about cowboys. He was very curious if the cowboy stories in the movies are true, and if there are any cowboys in San Francisco. I talked to him about rodeos and Texas and cows and that seemed to satisfy his curiousity.

We arrived at Jim Thompson's House as it was closing which was a real dissapointment. Aside from the museum being closed, the kitchen was closed as well and the people next to us were teasing us with their fried noodles and coconut drink....



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb