Time's up...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 17th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Transit time in Bangkok. Again, I have no particular agenda. It is nice to have lazy days like this, even though the time could have been spent more efficiently. At four thirty I head outside and am immediately floored by the heat, even at this hour. Yahoo reports 35 degress Celsius and I believe them. I take the MTR down to Siam and seek out my favourite photo shops to stock up on more camera accessories. I find some filters and cheap film, but those yummy telescopic lenses remain expensive so I steer clear of them. I buy some dinner with me and eat at my hotel room waiting for my midnight flight to come up. As I begin packing in the evening the neighbourhood suffers a total blackout, and not knowing how long it will last I decide I might as well finish my packing in the dark, a soldier should always know where and how to store his equipment, right?

Again I walk the corridors of Don Muang a late night wondering if it will be the last time. There's relatively little action going on tonight, and the flight home is mercifully uneventful as well. I even manage to sleep a decent stretch of the time. On the final leg to Stockholm I chat a bit with the Indonesian woman next to me, who is going on IBM training on her own in our capital. She wants to know any good places to go for touristing and although there are many nice things to see I only emphasize the Vasa Museum.

Back in Stockholm the weather is grey (gee, what a surprise!) and as I stand on the deserted Airport Express train platform being welcomed only by a dose of cold morning air I realize that at least I can make it back home on an earlier bus to Jönköping. My brief otherworldy experience has come to an end and I have an appointment with the eye specialist tomorrow at noon. Oh, how marvellous to be back in reality...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb