what an experience!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 14th 2005
Published: December 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

A crazy busy 3 days of jet-lag, Chang beer, the Ko-shang road (?... as seen in the beach), Pat Pong, temples, locusts etc etc. Very crazy place!
Have met up with the fellow travellers with BUNAC who are all cool.
We didn't have any time to really go and do our own thing until the night-time as each day we were offered a different tour to be taken on which involved getting up very early everyday with a hangover in hot humid conditions and being taken to various places. Our tour guide (knicknamed Mr. Miyagii) talked ...alot.... but it was very cool to be able to see everything in ssuch a small space of time. Went to ko-shang road on the first night was very cool indeed, really crazy place and very busy people trying to sell you stuff all the time, but with my height i pretended not to hear them or just moved them out of the way!
We went to a huge very gold temple and one of the original Bhudda figures (a huge Gold Bhudda). Then went to the Reclining Monk... no not a monk in a lazy-boy, but a HUGE gold bhudda lying down. As we had so much to do, and to be honest our time keeping was never very good, it was all quite rushed so being the digital eye (camera man) of the group we were always slightly lagging behind getting awesome shots and footage! to be uploaded soon... watch this space! Ate some Thai food, man they like it spicy, and went on a trip down the canal to see the people living on the canal side farming various water based veg etc. (don't really know what though?) was quite good but started raining.
that night we went for a authentic Thai meal with Thai dancing, sat cross legged eating weird and wondeful food. BUT not as weird as after that we went to Pat Pong, were Matt, Col and myself ate, after much jeering and motivation, fried cooked Locusts mental. also went to see some straneg things done with ping pong balls.... educational!!!!!!??????
AWESOME SO FAR!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



15th November 2005

Ping Pong balls & Locusts!
Brilliant... Did you drink snakes blood as well? You've got to try these things. We missed the reclining Budda, glad you got to see it. Great that you did so much in such a short time. So you're in OZ now. How is it? Hows the weather? Hows the chirps? Have a great time, looking forward to hearing more soon. I'm sat at my computer with the radiator on... it's bloody freezing!!!! C

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb