A quiet day...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 29th 2008
Published: April 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mobile Hardware Store!Mobile Hardware Store!Mobile Hardware Store!

Mon saw this and had to take a picture! The Thais are very creative with there marketing. Anywhere can be transformed into a stall!
The next morning we forced ourselves to get up early (well 9am!) to try and force ourselves to be tired that evening. We had a quiet day and explored the local neighbourhood. Joe got his head shaved at a local place. We had dinner at one of the little local outdoor food stalls where the locals all eat which are always great value - good food for about a quid. There we witnessed an ignorant cunt-wanker French woman who we had just seen enjoy a feast with her friend arguing the toss over her bill and making a French twat of herself and poking people “I'VE BEEN IN THAILAND 8 MONTHS, I HAVE NEVER PAID THIS MUCH, BLAH BLAH BLAH”. We ate our food and tried to ignore her but both felt annoyed and a bit ashamed of her in a way, as a fellow “farang”. When she eventually fucked off, the people brought her bill over to show us. It was 105bt. £1.72. What an asshole she made herself look. We expressed our contempt for her to the staff with rolling eyes and gestures (they spoke no English and our Thai was limited to “thank you”). We thanked them for our lovely meal of chicken/fish, sticky rice and some POTENT chilli concoction and paid our 55 baht (90p) then off to read our books back in our room and try and recover the 8GB of tracks on Mon's Ipod that Joe had managed to wipe out with his new toy (eee pc). But that is another story.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb