My Impressions of Thailand and Cambodia


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 11th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My overall impressions of Thailand and Cambodia:

We loved both countries, though I think we enjoyed our time in Cambodia more than Thailand. Maybe it was the slower pace, maybe it was because it was so much more of an emotional experience, I'm not sure.

I can't say I would recommend going to Thailand for the diving....

I would have liked to have gone even further north and visited Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle, even into Laos.

On our guides:

tong is a powerhouse! She has endless energy, makes sure you get the most out of every experience, and is worth every penny you spend! But you better like a brisker pace, other than drive times your constantly on the go. And as Bob and I were mentioning earlier...she must have an "in" with everyone!

We enjoyed our time with Sutthi. he's very personable and funny, and sems to really enjoy what he does.

Ponheary...well, that woman is amazing! As a guide, she's knowledgeable and thorough, and it's fascinating (and also sobering sometimes) to hear her personal stories about the temples and the area in general. And the work she's doing is wonderful. If for no other reason than the money you pay her as a guide goes right into helping the kids,HIRE HER!

Advertisement



24th January 2008

Maddness!!
Are you crazy?! Thailand is a diving Mecca!!!
24th January 2008

Maybe you were in a different part of Thailand diving...
From what we saw it was marginal at best. Maybe we weren't out far enough, or the boat chose sites that are less interesting...but we've had much better diving in the Caribbean.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb