An Elephant visits the PLA THONG BUFFET


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 22nd 2007
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

PLA THONG BUFFETPLA THONG BUFFETPLA THONG BUFFET

The idea is to grill the meat, allowing the juices to drip into the “moat” where you add the vegetables, herbs and noodles to make a delicious soup.

PLA THONG BBQ At Coco Walk

An outdoor BBQ (… sort of thing ) was something Tash had wanted us to try. She had been there before and really liked it. It’s located underneath the Ratcthathewi Skytrain Station in the area called Coco Walk. After being seated , you’re taken to a station stacked with clean plates and then to rows of freshly prepared ingredients to choose from. There is a variety of fresh meats ( all cut up into small pieces ), sea food (some not recognizable) … including fresh salmon and shrimp, rows of fresh vegetables, lots of different fresh herbs some of which we didn’t recognize ( … but took some anyway ) , and noodles of every shape and size. After piling what we wanted on our plates ( we could go back for more anytime ), we sat at a table with a “wok-like” grill with a “moat” surrounding the grill, in the center of the table. The idea is to grill the meat, allowing the juices to drip into the “moat” where you add the vegetables, herbs and noodles to make a delicious soup. Because we weren’t familiar with the procedure … the staff kept adding boiling water from a kettle at the end of our table to our “moat” and pointing to the spicy sauces that can be added at the end of the cooking. They spoke very little English but looked after us royally just the same…. and all for 120 baht per person.

Just as we finished our meal the kidlets had a special treat, feeding a little baby elephant that was ushered into our open air area. We purchased bananas for 20 baht a bunch and they delighted in feeding them to the baby…… just an added bonus ! Then grandma whips out the hand sanitizer …. and we’re on our way !!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Thank goodness we brought hand sanitizer !!!!!Thank goodness we brought hand sanitizer !!!!!
Thank goodness we brought hand sanitizer !!!!!

Where else but here would you encounter an elephant at an outdoor BBQ .... the kidlets LOVED it !!!!!!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb