Matthew arrives


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 7th 2007
Published: December 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Koasan RoadKoasan RoadKoasan Road

Matthew really enjoyed the street food. For those who don't know this road is full of junk shops, cheapies for backpackers but is really good fun with lots of street bars.
I don't think Dean and I realised how much we would miss Matthew so we were very excited to collect him at the airport...like kids on Christmas eve. It was great to see dean's mum and dad, Jill and Kevin.

We settled in to our plush hotel...no more backpacker dives for us whoopee! We then took them all to the Koasan Road to soak in the atmosphere. We had to, of course, travel by tuk tuk....and Dean insisted we all share in true Thai style.....5 of us squeezed in. I don't know who was more scared...Matthew, Jill or the driver. We ate and drank to our fill....Matthew loved the satay chicken.

Unfortunately Matthew was too excited on the way over to sleep so he was up from 130 until 430 throughout the night....I managed to sleep through it all, and I don't think Dean minded being awake with him as it was just so good to see him again.

The next day we headed to the airport.....next stop Ko Samui where Dean and I were flooded last time


lol Lowri, Dean, Matthew, Jill and Kevin


ps photos to follow soon - promise!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

the only way to travelthe only way to travel
the only way to travel

All of us in a tuk tuk which normally only carries two....it was very funny.
Dean can't help himself...Dean can't help himself...
Dean can't help himself...

he had to eat more bugs.....he said the ants were actually quite nice....uurrrrgggghhhh


Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb