Bangkok- the city of Angels


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 7th 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wat IntharawihanWat IntharawihanWat Intharawihan

the 45 M Buddha!
Hello from Thailand and the bustling metropolis of Bangkok.... tuk-tuks, touts, sun, humidity, amazing food, friendly Thais, Wats and Temples , food stalls , loads of tourists, massage places, shopping on Khao San Road ... and the list could go on and on... what a place! Vibrant, alive, full of smog, full of people, and did i mention great food 😊? I don't think that putting the weight that i lost trekking in Nepal back on will be a problem here! You can eat the best Thai food 24-7 at every corner of this city!
But now a short synopsis of my first two days! I had all the best intentions of making my first day in Bangkok a relaxing one, but then the excitement of being here and i started sightseeing and temple hopping . I saw Buddhas in almost every position, either 45 m tall or reclining or made out of Emerald like the one in the Grand Palace. As i said an amazing city with to many Wats to count!
After an intense day of walking around, we had our meeting at the hotel for the tour that i signed up for to travel to
The Marble Temple The Marble Temple The Marble Temple

Quite impressive, the entire building is made out of Marble!
Chiang Mai and the hilltribe trekking! Quite a fun group of eager travellers who all seem to beginning of their travels through SE Asia and OZ and New Zealand... so needless to say i feel a bit like the veteran among the group ( by age and travel experience 😊! It should however be quite fun, since the itinerary promises fantastic experiences.
So since yesterday turned into non-stop sightseeing, i did take today to relax... and just had the first of many Thai Massages that i plan to enjoy while here! $6 for an hour, and you feel like a new person!
So now it's back to the hotel to get organized and then later this evening on the night train to Chiang Mai... more about that later.

Laa kawn (good bye in Thai)



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb