Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 23rd 2007
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Helllo everyone
so we are here safe and sound in Bangkok. Bangkok is absolutly insane. I cant even begin to describe it.... The flight was not bad at all, we eneded up sharing a whole aisle between the two of us so it made for a comfortable flight. We got to Bangkok at around 10 Friday morning. We met a girl from Vancouver travelling by herself so she came with us for a bit. We then had our first tuk tuk experience. A tuk tuk is like a mini scooter with a carraige on the back. Driving here is pretty crazy. Theres no speed limit and people drive on the wrong side of the road more often than not. The tuks tuks just zoom in and out of cars and so do scooters. I made a video during our ride Ill try and post it soon! We then went to see the laughing budddah, the lucky buddah, some temple and the gold mountain. pictures will be soon. They were pretty incredible. Every Friday is buddhist day so we got into the temples for free. You have to take your sandals off when you enter them and there mostly outside which is different. We ended up going back to the hotel and sleeping from 230pm until the next day, guess we were a bit jet lagged. On Saturday we had quite the experience when we tried to go to the weekend market where they sold lots of clothes etc. We asked a tuk tuk driver to take us there. The bad thing about tuk tuks is they like to make us stop at silk shops so they can get coupons for free gas. The people working there dont really like it becuase they know we arent going to buy anything. When we got to the market it was aboslutly insane. Take chinatown in TO and times it by a million and then turn that into a flea market. They sold the most random things from lightswitches to car parts to just random parts of anyhting you could imagine. After to much sensory overload we deicided to grab a taxi and get out of there. It was then our taxi driver informed we were not at the weekened market but instead we were at the flea market in China town. That explained the insanity and the fact that we were the only white people there. We ended up finding the real weekend market today and it was fun! Tomorrow we leave bright and early for our 13 day tour in Cambodia. Im excited to get out of Bangkok. More than a few days in the city is too much for me. Ill try to have some pics and videos up soon!
xo
Mel

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb