Cambodia so far


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
September 26th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello everyone
We're here in Cambodia now! Its great, much nicer than Bangkok. Unfortunatly I have to go back there as Ill be seeing the reat of Thailand after this trip. Cambodia is great but getting here not so much. We took a 4 hour bus ride to the Thai/ Cambodia border that wasnt so bad, but then we had to take a 6 hour bus ride to get to our current destination. The thing about Cambdoia is the whole way here is on a bumby dirt road so for 6 hours we sat in this small bus bumping like crazy. and IM not talking small bumps like huge pot holes I dont no how we didnt pop the tires every 5 mintues. Yesterday we went to see the Angkor Wat temples and Angkor thom. There pretty famous Im sure you have all seen pictures. They were absolutly amazing ! Our tour guide was this Cambodian man he was brilliant, he talked like a coknee (umm from London Englad I dont no how to spell the slang). He would say thing like this is absolutly fabulous, simply spetacular all day long. He was great so it made th day fun, very enthusiactic about Cambodia and its history. We also saw the temple where tomb radier & Indiana jones were shot. It was really cool. I felt like I was in the jungle book. We didnt see many animals in the jungle because It hadnt rained lately so they stayed in there ... We did see monkeys thou! but you cant really pet them, there not the nicest. Oh well! Today we went to a floating village with all the houses well huts on the water! Then we went to the orphange to bring the kids presents and play with them for a bit. I thought it was going to be sad but this one is quite good at taking care of the kids. They dont let them be adopted just take care of them there,. They actually just got back from Australia some went to sing in there choir and preform traditional Khmer (Cambodian) dance. Still it is sad but the kids are all so cute! Tomorrow were off to veture through more Cambodia. I love it here, the people are all so nice, they have a really funny sense of humour like to joke with you a lot and laugh, its great.
Oh ya I forgot to mention one of the best things so far... the massages!!! There are massage places everywhere and they cost about $3 for an hour long massage. I had one the other morning , it was amazing. I could get used to one everyday. 😊😊
anyways must go got a big day ahead!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb