Northern Thailand......... Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Khaosan Rd - Bangkok...Khaosan Rd - Bangkok...Khaosan Rd - Bangkok...

Khoasan Rd - early evening!!
So after 5 days in the bustle of Bangkok ....weaving in and out of westerners down Koahsan Rd... avoiding the tuc tucs after our 30 baht trip around bangkok stopping at a never ending supply of tailors and bartering anything and everything we headed back into the jungle.

Bangkok is a pretty cool city - just a bit too crazy for us right now!!!! Our first night proved the most amiusing after finding a small thai cafe for a bottle of Chang Beer (....ooh never again - the worse headache!!!) we had a lock in with a group of local guys; Kung, Porch, Ping, Pong and ........Ben!!!! Following that we chose to be the tourist thing and go to the 'Grande Palace' and a few other temples ....although I did leave Jo to go to most of them and the museum on her tod as really there's only a certain amount of temples I personally can deal with!!!!

Anyway after 5 days of hot, sweaty markets, temples and tuc tucs we headed north to Chiang Mai on an over night train....16 hours!!!!! Chiang Mai is a pretty cool place - too much shopping especially at the night bizarre...WE
Tuc Tucs.....Tuc Tucs.....Tuc Tucs.....

WE SHOULD HAVE THESE IN ENGLAND....
stayed one night and headed into the jungle for 3 days trekking.....back outdoors - it was great.

The first day and our guides hit us hard - we thought it would be pretty easy after our time in the jungle- maybe along a muddy logging road but no staright in on an elephant into the jungle and up up up to our first stop - a village on a mountain. It was an awesome trek stopping for a shower in the waterfall and the accomodation was beautiful....

Good and Go - our trekking guys were a double act keeping us entertain especially when wasted on moonshine!!!!!(thai spirit - taste like watery tequila!!!). Our second day we trekked all day stopping at waterfalls for a swim and a mud or shall i say gravel fight - the trek was pretty cool moving from jungle to rocky river walks.....we then spent the night by the river which was really peaceful.

Day three and we hit the road or shall i say river....white water rafting (a little tamer than before - but fun!!) and bamboo rafting...then after lunch we jumped on the top of our ride (literally)and cruised back to Chiang Mai to go out for a few beers for Jo's birthday kindly orientated by Good.

After one last day in Chiang Mai we headed further North around and up the mountain to Pai....a cute little town and very quiet as its low season!! We booked ourselves into a riverside hut sleeping with the ants and mozzies and massive green bugs for 50 baht each (80p) and spent a day cruising around waterfalls and little villages on a mo ped - and there were no accidents!!! After a couple days relaxing and strolling about - catching up on the sun, getting soaked in the rain we caught the bus back to Chiang Mai to carry on the travels through Northern Thailand and into Loas.................




Additional photos below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Icecream...coffeee...waffles...ice cream!!!Icecream...coffeee...waffles...ice cream!!!
Icecream...coffeee...waffles...ice cream!!!

Our waitor - the most enthusiatic person you'll ever meet!!!!
Chiang Mai - trekking!!!Chiang Mai - trekking!!!
Chiang Mai - trekking!!!

We took it easy for half an hour with an elephant ride although pokeman ..(our elephant) was pretty demanding with the banana's - he wasnt going anywhere unless we fed him...
Zip wire...Zip wire...
Zip wire...

In a cage...lol
A quick dip in the waterfall....A quick dip in the waterfall....
A quick dip in the waterfall....

Everyone stood and watched while me jo and good went for a splash in teh waterfall - we were wet already as its rainy season..lol


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb