Happy Thai New Year - Meet The WaterBusters!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 14th 2007
Published: April 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The WaterbustersThe WaterbustersThe Waterbusters

Who you gonna call!!!
Weve decided to stay on a little longer in Bangkok, due to the Thai's celebrating Thai New Year, and we where told not to miss this.

From the 12-15th April is the Songkhran Water Festival, which brings in the Thai New Year. You have to join in with this as you cant even get out of the hotel without getting wet!!

So we equipped ourselves with large water pistols, hawaiian shirts and are now known as the waterbusters. This Festival is so mad! Water being thrown and shot from everywhere and water and talc or flour mix being touched on your face as you walk thru the crowds.
Loud Music plays form the bars and shops, lots of drinking at very cheap prices and some extreme body popping dancing in the street from the local usually to some fast electric techno music. This goes on all day for the 3 days, to be fair after two days weve had enough and decided to explore China Town. Although we now find that most shops/ restaurants are closed due to the New Year, so china town was a bit of a dissapointment and no where near as good as London China Town.

Weve also moved to the Rambrutti Villiage Inn and are now Paying 6 pounds a night for a room with ac/private bathroom and the best part a pool on the roof. Its really clean and very good value. Its in a great position and its nice that its close enough to the main backpackers haunt of Khao San Road Area but far enough to avod the bad things about Khao San. Weve had a couple of cracking nights and we are finding that meeting people is so easy on your travels and its a great resource for information and experiences.

Tomorrow we look forward to a 12-14hr Bus Transfer from Bangkok to Cambodia!! On what is supposed to be the worst road in the area. What Joy!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

From Our Hotel Roof top From Our Hotel Roof top
From Our Hotel Roof top

The party is warming up
Khao San RoadKhao San Road
Khao San Road

Backpackers Street


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb