sawadeekup


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 28th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

war cemetarywar cemetarywar cemetary

heavy and serene all at one.
yesterday we took a day trip out to the nearby province an approximate 121km away from bangkok to the region of katchanaburi, synonymous with the large expanses of land our army does their training exercises at. and hugeass mountains. however, its austere appearance belies its glorious past. our trip was largely unplanned, with bangkok being the buffer serving as a launchpad for the rest of the venture. so, armed with not much but a heightened sense of discernment who await our farang arrival with baited breath, we headed for katchanaburi. we were pleasantly surprised at how the day unfolded, having fostered a slight hint of regret after the ass-sweating, suffocatingly claustrophobic bus ride teeming with locals and their ware and fare. when we were there a new world of surreal and ethereal proportions greeted us; the town was encapsulated in time that dated back to world war 2, with the ruins and artefacts resonating with dark sobriety and a devastated past. we saw the allied forces cemetary, the war museum, and the vicious Death Railway. the latter's colossal magnitude and deep seated past consumed us with a sense of reverence for the massive structure, and the lives disposed to ensure its existence.

so later on today we're gonna head to the train station to purchase our ticket for the border crossing to cambodia. we're pretty stoked to be leaving the city life. plugged my usb cable into the internet cafe desktop today and lost my pictures from yesterday! all that picturesque delectables. gone just like that. but im not too flustered, equipped with a new found zenness haha. in simpler terms, technology at large and me are incongruous, much less the subtleties. got myself a card reader so the travelblog'd be adorned brazenly with visuals galore. cant wait for cambodia, its the 5+ am train tomorrow. the journey will take half a day thereabts, but we're all revved to leave. will keep you fellas at home updated. muchos gracias for the comments! good to hear from home, chowwww.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

farangfarang
farang

THIS IS FOR YOU, ANDY! HAHA.


1st March 2007

who's the farang here? have a good time, chok dee carp!
1st March 2007

HELLO! i told you i found yr travelblog:P anw have funnnn in cambodia takecare takecare! (:
1st March 2007

yay!
nice update. I can see that you have good photography skills.
2nd March 2007

nice pics. rmb dun action again ya? haha
2nd March 2007

boo.
4th March 2007

yoohoo
haha andy the identity of the farang is none other than the man himself...alex maccurdy la! haha dat fella in denial. chok dee kup. hello everyone else! hope all's swell back home. be safe and be good!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb