Bangkok or bust!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 7th 2006
Published: January 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Felt a bit hazy this morning, maybe slightly too much wine last night. To recover we went up to the pool on the roof and sunbathed for a few hours. Then it was time to pack and head off for the airport - next stop Bangkok!

The flight was uneventful, Fi spent most of the flight watching crazy Japanese game shows. I think it was called Beautiful cooking and it was a bizarre mix of Blind Date and Ready, Steady, Cook.

After out little transport adventure in Hong Kong we were glad to see someone holding a sign with our name on.

One thing about the hotel we stayed in - it was tall, real tall. Our room was on the 53rd floor and had a great view of the river. We got changed and went up to the main reason we were staying at the Lebua - the roof top restaurant.

Every city has restaurants at the top of its tall buildings, however Bangkok is the only city I know that has an outside one on the 63rd floor. The Scirocco restaurant sits atop the building and has the most amazing views. Even better, the foods none to shabby either. After we'd eaten we went for a nightcap at the vertigo inducing Sky Bar. The bar juts out over the building with nothing but 63 floors of air between you and the city streets below.

There's nothing except a waist high glass partition between you and a large plunge. It's a great bar, but I can just imagine a UK health and safety manager having a heart attack if someone wanted to do something similar in the UK.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb