this really puts the bang in bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 4th 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

haha for puns! haha for being inappropriate!

anyways, so I didn't find about the scariness in Bangkok until mere hours before I was to head for the airport, I sucked it up and boarded the plane. There were many many empty seats and I can only assume that this is due to people being cuckoos (has anyone in this family even seen a chicken?) for getting blown up. I got 2 seats to myself and slept pretty much my whole flight.
When I got in I got a cab and headed straight to the Myanmar Consulate, which was closed until tomorrow. Crap. So I found a place to stay that has a TV and plan on not really going anywhere until I figure out how I'm getting to Myanmar. Probably won't get there until Saturday now but I hear the country will still be there when I arrive. Hopefully Adeline and her friend Vincent will be too.
There is a definite police presence in Bangkok right now, but surprisingly less than during the coup (think tanks in the streets) when no bombs went off and the people here seem pretty unfussed about the whole thing. Very interesting how people are able to shrug and go about the day to day here, in Canada people would be hiding in their fallout shelters or something equally paranoid.
Also a definite culture shock to be back here after the UAE, there is so much bare flesh here! It was sad to leave RAK because I'd become quite attached to some of Anna's friends there and the place had a really cool vibe. It was so nice of Anna to have me for so long, so thanks again superstar!

in conclusion: Still not blown up in Bangkok, thankful to Anna for having me

take care,
Alexis

Advertisement



4th January 2007

Miss you
Glad you're not blown up! Happy new year! Love you! and PS. CHICKENS DON'T CLAP!!!!
5th January 2007

I love a good conclusion. I need things summarized for me.
6th January 2007

it is raining here. it is dark. i love you and imiss you. i did lots of paintings.

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb