Tattoo in BKK


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 14th 2006
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

BKK TattooBKK TattooBKK Tattoo

The pain is over, Ton, Rachel and me.
Arrived in Bangkok at 630pm, loved it right away, the smells, the food, the heat, the taxi driver trying to rip me off right away.. was tired the first night and was in bed for 1230am...Only after a trip to the Patong Night markets and a hilarious ping-pong show, a fake pair of Birkenstocks, a Thai foot massage and some great thai food..Great!!
Was good to meet Rach again, the next day we caught a boat and went up the river to Wat Po and the Grand Palace, had a Thai massage in the Po place, was just ok, was to experience much better treatments as the trip went on (Ao Nang-Star Massage-the shit!). Always wanted to visit it due to my Thai massage teacher being there, almost didn't make it in as within 25m of the temple 2 seperate (beware)Thai con-men tried to trick me into believing it was closed 6 days a week and another saying it closed for 3 hours at lunch, this was so they could take me to another "better temple"...bollocks..
The Reclining Buddha here was pretty amazing, large and gold! Then into a Tuk-Tuk and around the corner to the Grand Palace, another amazing site,
Tuk TukTuk TukTuk Tuk

Driving to the Grand Palace..
just missed the King by 2 mins, was told to get off the red carpet (lol hadn't realised I was on it)..
Was really hot at this stage and all we wanted was to get back to the Hotel and dive into the lovely pool they have --ahh the Shangri-la we love you..
After the Palace it was round to the Khao San Road where after a bit of shopping we both ended up getting a tattoo down a wee side alley..
I had wanted another for a while and Rachel afer seeing me get mine went under the needle..
Have to say mine was the most painful experience to date, in the middle of the chest its on the bone---ahhhhhh! It was ok for the first 20 mins or so then I ran out of adrendalin and starting to feel alot of pain, it finished after 1hour 20mins and I was scared mentally and physically for life..Happy with the finished work..

Not much was done after this, we were tired and headed back to Hotel,,,due to exhaustion I was asleep shortly after..

Click here for more pics: Moses Thailand







Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Reclining BuddhaReclining Buddha
Reclining Buddha

He's a long one...
Wat Po MassageWat Po Massage
Wat Po Massage

Where it all gets stretched...


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb